Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Incentives

One would think that paying a PT to "encourage and motivate" you would be enough. One would think the threat that if you don't make a certain goal on the rower, you have to run the stairs to level 5, or do another set, or something along those lines, would be all the incentive you need to kick some arse. Oh, and the little one of losing weight and getting fitter!

But no. Here's what worked for me yesterday...

I share my PT sessions with a few different people. All are fabulous except for one guy, let's call him BGC, who never wants to be there - he just doesn't try, and it drives me nuts. Yesterday I was one the rower next to BGC for a 1 minute row. Steve (of previously mentioned sit up competition fame) whispers to me "I've got $20 on BGC winning this one". CHALLENGE!!! I should say that BGC is twice my size and alot stronger... if he tries. So I take him on... I beat my own PB by 11 metres and beat BGC by 25 metres. Go me!!!!

Now that is an incentive.

1 comment:

KJ Photography said...

Yay for you!! The rower definitely kicks arse. And yay for a PB by 11 metres - it's hard enough to get them by 1m, let alone double digits!!

As for MY motivation, I've gone back to my PT (Darren) who proceeded to smack me upside the head when I told him how much I weighed. I needed that. :)

Hope you have a super awesome Christmas Emm!!