Sometimes I struggle with realising how much I have lost. I look in the mirror and see the same person I saw 12 months ago - 30kg heavier than I am now! I look at the sizes on my clothes - mostly 12s, some 14s and the occasional (generous fit) 10, but I somehow think they are wrong.
Then I have days where I feel fantastic. I feel fit and healthy, and am very proud of what I have done. I still have a bit to go, but I have complete confidence that I will do it.
Do the 'fat person' feelings ever go away?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't think they do for a while. I still see 140kg in the mirror sometimes, despite protestations from the Boyfriend and Darren the PT.
You'll always have days of thinking "I'm fat" and days of thinking "gee, I look fab today!", but I think the latter should definitely outweigh the former for you. You look gorgeous, and have done so well!
But it's how you react to the "fat feelings" that counts - as long as you don't go "gee I'm feeling fat" and then eat a cheesecake, you'll be fine. :)
I agree with Katie... I still struggle on days and feel fat... and I am actually quite small... it is a psychological thing though... I pick up size 8's in the stores and wonder if I am kidding myself and am surprised when they fit... I guess it comes with time... I mean, dont get me wrong, there are days when I feel bloody terrific... and those days are becoming more and more frequent as time goes on....
You'll get there hun!! You look amazing and have come sooooo far!
Sue xxx
Me three - I did my hair in a french braid today and got out a hand mirror to see that it looked OK from the back and didn't recognise myself from the back. I started losing weight in Jan 2005 and have been roughly this weight since July 05 and I still feel fat. Makes it kind of hard to be happy with where I am right now but I would rather be this kind of miserable than actually be fat again [if that makes any sense!].
I think it is healthy to have body consciousness. We just need to keep on re-writing the script that plays in our heads!
K
Interesting - I feel the same way and seeing Katie's comment on how you react to the fat feelings is a big one. I react badly still and need to get my head together on that.
Em - you're doing SO well and your pix show an amazing transformation. Keep it up because you are doing brilliantly. Oh and congrats on the new job and moving house. What a change for you!! Hope your'e enjoying it.. :-)
Trisca.. xo
Post a Comment