Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Running Group Session 2 Survived and Completed

There were moments when I thought I wasn't going to make it - but I did! This morning we had a track that we had to run at 'race pace' and complete in 6 minutes. If we got back early, we got a rest. If we didn't, we just had to keep running onto the next lap. After the first lap I had a 30 second rest, then after that there were no more rests. I did walk some bits, but I kept going. It was so hard.

I must admit though, an hour goes pretty quick when all you are thinking about is breathing. I have read alot about how people have mantras when they run. Normally I count 3 steps and breath - kind of weird, but it works for me. Today on my last lap I was just repeating in my head "don't spew, don't spew". It was all I could do to keep going!

I'm doing the Mini Mos on Sunday. Just the 5km though – I am going to try and run the whole lot.

I didn't weigh myself this morning cause it was 5.15 and I couldn't be bothered opening my eyes enough to read the scales. But as of yesterday, I was still around the same as last week. Not bad considering I spent a weekend eating! All good healthy food, just alot of it. There were a few glasses of wine as well.

No comments: