I have done budgets before, and never stuck to them! I am pretty good at saving for a holiday or a specific goal, but when I don't have something in mind I am hopeless. I have been alot worse over the past 12 months, especially seeing I have dropped approx. 4 sizes!
When I look back though, I have had a great year. I've moved interstate for work, had a month in Italy, 10 days in Thailand, a long weekend in Port Douglas, several weekends in Melbourne, upgraded my photography gear to digital and done enough personal training to lose 30kgs! Not really surprising that I have no money, and have just about blown my savings from the past couple of years! From May 2006 to May 2007 it has been 'Year of the Emma'. It has been all about me!
So now on to the next 12 months. It is going to be another year all about me. I will turn 30 in September, and maybe then it will be time to really start thinking about investments and the future. But not just yet! In the next 12 months I plan to get to my goal weight, run the City to Surf, have 2 weeks holiday in China, several weekends in Melbourne and save enough money to get new boobs! Breast reduction here I come! I have just done a budget which ensures that I save enough to do everything that I want to do, and continue to do 2 PT sessions a week, plus running group. Because I am moving house in 2 weeks and changing jobs in 3, the next month is going to be pretty tight. Actually the next 12 months are going to be pretty tight! No weekly visits to Cue or Nine West that's for sure. Oh, and I need to sell my car.
Thinking about all this makes me realise how lucky I am. I earn OK money and only have to support myself and my cat. I couldn't imagine having to live on 1 income with a family. I am just way too selfish I guess. But that is my choice – I want to travel, be fit and healthy, wear nice clothes, do what I want, when I want. There are times when I wonder what it would be like to be married with kids, as some of my friends are. Would I be happy? I can't imagine it. I can't imagine giving up my career. I can't even imagine living with someone else! It is just a matter of priorities. At the moment, my priority is myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The boob reduction you plan may not be necessary but a boob job is still worth keeping on the agenda.
I was 80kgs and my breasts were a 16D. I am now 20kgs lighter and I can barely fill a 10B. And they are not perky and cute. I now need a lift and implants -- go figure!!
hey thats my plan too! i actually found a good doc in mornington too. boobs goodbyeee xx
Post a Comment