Thursday, October 26, 2006

Out with the supermodels

Went out with Nathan last night – and his flatmate and her friend, who I will from here on in only refer to as the supermodels. I should start by saying that they are both really nice girls and lots of fun - but that is not the point of this story!

The plan was to go out for dinner and a few drinks. I arrived at Nathan's feeling great – I had a new top on with my jeans that actually fit, hair straightened, makeup good. Then it all went wrong! The supermodels were dressed in not much. Yes they looked hot – but even when I weigh the same as what they do I can't imagine dressing like that. I felt really under-dressed for the occasion yet I shouldn't have cause we were just going to the local pub. The first part of the night was great – had a nice meal, a couple of drinks and chatted easily. It was when we hit the dance floor that it all changed. Nathan and I had a bit of a D&M off to the side while the supermodels danced away. He said some really special things and I got a bit teary so we had to end the conversation then! The supermodels were immediately surrounded in an enormous group of guys – and my God did they play up to it! You could look at it as harmless fun, but something about it bothers me. How can any girl expect to be treated as anything other than a piece of meat, if that is the way she is acting? It's just not my scene.

So the question is, does Nathan want me to be something I am not? I don't really think so, but last night just seemed so pretentious and I just felt so out of place.

No comments: