Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Progress Report

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments - I feel great. Everyone comments that I am glowing (even 2 days after the surgery!) which just shows how a little self esteem goes a long way.

Started with Bio Oil on the scars yesterday but it turns out I am allergic to it. I was very itchy and red last night! Spoke to the nurse at the surgeon's office today and she suggested Rose Hip oil or Vitamin E, so off to the chemist tonight to see if I can find some.

I have to make a note of how happy I am with my surgeon and all the staff - if anyone wants a recommendation for a plastic surgeon in Sydney just let me know. I chose a surgeon who a friend had been to before, and who is also quite well known for fixing botched overseas nose and boob jobs (lots of press and TV coverage for him). He certainly wasn't the cheapest, but I wanted peace of mind.

I paid for my initial consultation and then the surgeon's fee for the operation. This includes 12 months of follow up appointments to ensure that I am healing properly and the scars are fading as much as possible. Already I am seeing the value in the follow up appointments.

I went to see the nurse 3 days post op to have my dressings changed for the first time. I then saw her 4 days later for another change and to learn how to do them myself. I can text or call her at any time if I have any queries - I've done this a couple of times already. I then saw her again this week for a check up and to have the (hopefully) last of the knots removed (stitches are disolvable but they cut the knots when they come to the surface).

I see the surgeon again the week after next for a check up. Then again at 3 months, 6 months and 12 months. I can go any other time I have concerns as well - all of this is included.

Every time I go to their rooms, everyone is so friendly and genuinely excited for my results. Very very happy :)

The downside is that I am missing training sooooooo much! Just going to work every day leaves me exhausted by the end. I get home from work and hop in bed to read or watch TV - I don't need to sleep, I just need to sit still and recover from the day. Each day I set my alarm for the gym before work thinking I'll be right to go, but I end up deciding against it. Obviously the healing process uses alot of energy.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the boobies Miss E, You must feel like a new woman!
I'm so thrilled for you.
XXX

Kathiej said...

I would love the name and address of the surgeon you used
if you could email me that would be great
kathie@kathiejourney.com
Thanks
and I am so glad you feel happier and more self confident.