Tomorrow marks the 5 week mark since my BR surgery. It feels like months! I went back to the surgeon yesterday for a brief boob flashing so he could see how I am healing. Things are going so well I get to skip my next 2 appointments and go back in October. Yay!
Feeling pretty good. I am sleeping better than before, but I do wake up on my side sometimes feeling a bit sore. Before I used to wake myself up when I rolled over - cause it hurt! Now it only hurts after a long period of time, and it is a different kind of hurt.
Training is going well. I can only jog for a couple of minutes at a time, but I just switch to cross trainer or bike so that's fine. I wonder if my breathing will be better when running as my chest is not so constricted by a super tight sports bra strapping in the boobs. It certainly feels more comfortable - my chest expands much more easily now. I need to be able to run for more than 5 minutes to test this out though!
This is my second week of PT school and I'm struggling to get into a routine. I like to have my weekdays planned - I know when I am going to train, eat, work, sleep. Add in 2 nights and a Sunday of study and all of a sudden things are a bit harder to manage. I am also wary of pushing myself too hard. I need to keep in mind that I had major surgery 4 weeks ago and need some energy for healing - I can't do everything. Food planning is a bit harder - I don't get home from school until about 9.30pm so I need to take something to eat in the break. This means carrying a change of clothes, my books, my work handbag AND food in my backpack. Logistics are doing my head in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm thrilled to see how well your surgery has gone! Can we have some more pics?
Also - I started Fitness Cert III a few weeks back - who are you doing it through? I'm doing it through FitNation (online of course)
Post a Comment