Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sporadic posting

It seems I have been neglecting my blog of late. Had a few days off training last week cause I was sick. Trained Friday, Saturday and Sunday though - definitely on the mend.

My weight has been the same for over a week now so in an act of defiance I had a weekend off plan. Struggled at first - by lunchtime Saturday the best I had come up with was a toasted tortilla wrap with feta and garlic to accompany my salad. Went to the movies in the afternoon and ate Chicos till I felt stick. That's more like it! Backed that up with pizza for dinner and a handful of smarties left over from decorating a bday cake I was making.

Yesterday started off on plan, but at a picnic for my favourite 2 year old's birthday we had white rolls with chicken (can't remember the last time I had white bread) and some fairy bread!!! Yum!!! I went for a run when I got home, intending to do my usual 5km, but I kept going and ran for 1 hour 12 minutes. 1000 calories. Go me! Carbs obviously make a huge difference to my running. At some point on the run I decided to overcome the mental thing I have that tells me to stop running cause it hurts. I pushed through and actually felt quite good until the last 10 minutes where I walked up the MASSIVE hill to get home. Paying for it today though - my left hamstring and knee are quite sore. Doing pump tonight but will take it easy on the leg tracks.

Weighed in this morning with a 1kg gain. I guess that should be expected - doesn't mean I like it. I might go back to a carb cycle type plan to get more out of my training. The trick is to go back to plan today and get rid of that 1kg.

1 comment:

SeLiNa said...

I heard that word... CHICOS!
OMG - they are my most favouritist bad thing in the whole entire world.
Can't remember the last time I had some, I eat them till I'm sick too.
;)