I hate protein shakes! Maybe I need to try a different brand (any suggestions?) cause mine leaves a yucky aftertaste in my mouth. I've tried it with milk & with water. Yucky yucky yucky. I'm going to stick with the protein bars this week as I find some of them more tolerable.
Today I went for a run and roadtested my new compression tights. I have been thinking about them for ages, and today finally splashed out on a pair. While they don't look the best, they are really comfortable. I found running in them really good... there was no lactic acid build up (even on hills & stairs) so felt quite comfortable the whole way round (except for the breathing bit, but tights aren't going to help that!). I came home and left them on for about half an hour before the sweaty stinkiness got the better of me and I had to have a shower. So far, feeling pretty good. I would say the tights are a success - but we'll see what tomorrow brings. After a long run with hills & stairs I am often a bit sore.
Here's my plan for this week:
Sunday - 30 min run, 30 min walk
Monday - 30 min bike ride
Tuesday - 30 min bike ride, 1 hour PT (weights), rock climbing
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 30 min bike ride, 30 min run (tempo)
Friday - 30 min bike ride, 1 hour PT (weights)
Saturday - 3 hour walk
Notice Tuesday... rock climbing!!! Yes that is right. I've never done it before and never even had a desire to try it. Now that I am fitter and stronger though, I'm going to try it. One of the boys at work goes regularly, so I am going to tag along.
Today at the supermarket I bought some vegie juice, and a vitamin fruit/vegie juice to try. I know juice is high in carbs and you are much better off eating actual fruit, but sometimes I don't get enough. Love my fruit, but am fussy. It has to be really nice (the downside of being brought up on an orchard where everything was home grown). I sometimes don't get enough vegies either... so I'm going to give it a go. Haven't tasted it yet.... waiting for it to get cold. Bring on the vitamins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Rock climbing is fantastic babe, you'll love it. Huzzie used to do it semi-professionally and took me along with him sometimes. It takes a lot of upper body strength and I had very wobbly arms after each session!
Have fun and let us know how it goes!
S X
Hey Em, Let me know how you go with your tights. I have been thinking of getting some for a while now as the DOMS gets SO bad in legs! AHH.
As for protein shakes I like the Ladybird ones best. Dont forget you can get protein cunch that you can eat with yogurt or cereal.
XXX
Hi Em
I had the same issue with protein shakes until I tried Lean Dessert (the one that Monica Brandt promotes) I have it in Chocolate Coconut Cream and Banana something. Very delish. My favourite is 1 cup frozen peaches, 1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop banana protein powder - - filling enough for a whole meal and delicious enough to be a treat!
Post a Comment