So I went off to my friendly healthstore and heard some advice that I actually already knew and had conveniently forgotten about :)
1. Protein shakes
You know that bucket of powder I keep in my drawer at work, and the one in my pantry at home? Yeah, well, you are supposed to actually use it! I have been really slack lately and haven't been using any of my protein powder after training... so back to it.
2. Glutamine
Take Glutamine. I'm going to try find it in capsule form, because I can't face another powder mixed with water. Here's what I found out about it...
Occurrences in nature
Glutamine is the most abundant naturally occurring, non-essential amino acid in the human body. In the body it is found circulating in the blood as well as stored in the skeletal muscles. It becomes conditionally essential (requiring intake from food or supplements) in states of illness or injury.
Dietary sources
Dietary sources of glutamine include beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, dairy products, cabbage, beets, beans, spinach, and parsley. Small amounts of free L-glutamine are also found in vegetable juices and fermented foods, such as miso.[1]
So as of today, I am going back to doing what I need to to feel better. Protein shakes, glutamine, multi vitamin, vitamin C and the SSPC from my naturopath. I want my energy back, I want to be bouncing off walls again, and I don't want 3 days of pain after I train!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
glad you feel better after getting that sorted out. i agree on the powder front, i find it easier to swallow a tablet than more powder hehe. that is why i struggle with protein shakes to begin with! you are a gun! go emm!!!!! :)
http://cassandraforsythe.blogspot.com/
Ems, there is an interesting post on that blog about green tea and its benefits in helping recovery after exercise. Hope that it is helpful.
Love S X
Post a Comment