I haven't been doing much running lately. I am going through a stage where I just don't enjoy it... at all. The only running I have done in the past 3 weeks is in my PT sessions.
That said though, I have been riding my bike everywhere. To and from work everyday, to the gym, and to friend's places. I am loving it!
I had planned on doing the 8km Mother's Day Classic in May, 10km MiniMos in June and 14km City2Surf in August. If I am going to do that, I need to kick in with the training pretty soon as 8km will really hurt! So do I push through the pain and get back into running, or do I go with what makes me happy at the moment and stick with bike riding, weights and a bit of running with my PT?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Em, Go with your heart!
Cheryl :)
PS: I love your photography!!!!
wanna run with me? you know im a slow runner and im doing the 8km in may so lets train together? it might be fun?
im up for it if you are... x
Do what makes you happy, because otherwise, you just won't do it. I have clients at work who hate running, and if I say to them "go for a run for 20min" they won't do it, but if I say "swim for a whole day" they'll be out there.
But how about the 50km Spring Cycle in October? It's an AWESOME ride, and great fun. Cycling AND an event in one. I'd even do it with you, although I would imagine you have a swanky bike, and I have a $200 piece of crap Huffy.
Still not convinced Miss D... I'll let you know if I decide to do it.
hehe Katie I like your idea... and no fancy schmancy bike here. I am almost embarrassed to get it serviced at the bike shop. It is red though :)
Hey Em! I took all of Feb off from running and probably a bit of Jan, and definitely some of March too. The break has been great. I'm back into it now, and training up for the MDC. Lovin' it.
Do what you love, I say.
I love my bike too! Unfortunately I can't strap a 5yr old and a 2yr old to it! I only get to go out on solo rides, usually early Sat/Sun morn.
I think variety is great and its what keeps the interest in exercise, BUT running is seasonal. Come winter there wont be the running opportunities and then its a long wait until the races start again. I'm guessing your overall fitness these days is better than the same time last year, so it probably wont require so much training to get into it. Why not throw in a run once a week, increasing your distance each week to get you up to speed for the MDC - and keep your options open for the others. Just see how you feel?
Red goes faster. Mine's canary yellow.
Last time I rode it, it had a flat tyre, and I was almost to the servo to pump it up, when two PROPER cyclists rode past with "you've got a flat tyre there". My response was "mate, that's the least of my worries on this bike."
But it's a good ride. You could do the 100km Sydney to the Gong ride? You'd ride past my house and I could join you!! :)
Post a Comment