Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My crap week continues

My work have just announced our office is moving to Thornleigh at the end of the year. Thornleigh is the arse end of the earth - even if I had a car it would be an hour in peak traffic. The only food within walking distance to the office is McDonalds. There's no gym. It would be an hour on the train from North Sydney... and even that is 3km from my house.

Not happy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is seriously sucky indeed.

you poor love. the world is a mess... blergh.

Anonymous said...

Awww babes, that sucks ass big time.....
Hope ur ok!
S X

Lisa said...

I can see how frustrating this would be, but let me put on my Pollyanna hat for a moment...
No real food choices within walking distance of work could be a really good thing...To eat clean consistently you really do need to take all your food with you anyway- and now there will be no extra temptations. An hour on the train could be great if you take a laptop to plan and record your food, (get desktop based Calorie King), write a blog post, read a book - and a good time to drink your water and drown all thoughts of work. Or take a book and a backpack, and plan to run to and from the train each day - quick, cheap and healthy transport. My my, I really am Pollyanna aren't I!

emharvie said...

Very pollyanna of you Lisa! I am still not convinced as I can't leave Dan & Rusty at Nth Sydney - if I had to do that I would go back to Melbourne. My PTs and the gym are my main motivation for staying in Sydney. My hours wouldn't allow me to be able to train at Nth Sydney anymore.

Anonymous said...

Thornleigh is so far west of the carpark!

Anonymous said...

Oh Em I am so sorry life has not been good to you lately! Sometimes it just keeps dishing out the bad stuff eh!!!

It sounds like you have some pretty big decisions to make about where you want to go...

I know something good is just around the corner for you as you deserve it!!!

Hang in their Em x

KJ Photography said...

Trying to think of bright side... at least the rent might be less expensive if you have to move out there??

But the PTs and gym are the things that matter... Tell them to move to Thornleigh with you. :) Problem solved.