Friday, August 14, 2009

Still alive

I have completely neglected my blog of late. Fitting in work, school, studying and training has been just a bit too much at times. I've put my acupuncture & nutritionist appointments on hold until September, cause I just can't fit them in. I do my training mostly at 6am, except for Monday & Wednesday evenings where I am trying to fit in yoga. School is Tuesday & Thursday nights plus all day Sunday. Saturday is my own training, training my guinea pig client (homework) and doing some of the 3 take home assignments I have for school. That leaves Friday night as my only free time - washing, cleaning, food shopping and general organisation. Arrrrggggghhhh

One of our assignments is to do a business plan for our own PT business. I am super excited about this and am putting some serious work into it as I want to use it for real.

What I have decided so far....
I'm going to spend from September to January working part time as a PT to gain some experience, and a little extra cash
Come February I want to be in a position to become a full time PT
I want to have enough money saved to live off for about 3 months to give me time to build the business
I want to train outdoors, not in a gym

What I can't decide...
Do I do it on my own or franchise?

Serious contenders are Step Into Life and Fitness Inside Out.
Step Into Life is a $30K initial outlay, but that gives you everything you need to get started. I would need finance. Average earning for sole trader within 12 months is $80K. There is no Step Into Life in my area, so a good opportunity.

Fitness Inside Out is $99 joining fee + $180 per week ongoing. There is a male trainer in my area, and they are looking for a female. Doesn't have the same brand recognition as Step Into Life but I really like their model.

So, I'm going to do my business plan based on going it on my own. Then I can compare the cost & earning potential compared to that of Step Into Life and Fitness Inside Out.

If anyone has any feedback on franchises or any other brilliant ideas let me know!

No comments: